Here is a list of things to consider:
1. We love to go to flea markets and antique shops, but we notice more and more of our stuff is showing up there.
2. Our old clothes have come back in style, and the younger people think they are the brand new fashion!
3. Our car costs more than the first house we bought.
4. Hardwood floors are “all the rage” now, but we remember being on our hands and knees with some Johnson’s paste wax polishing those suckers!
5. We remember when Dwight D. Eisenhower was president.
6. We remember astronaut John Glenn’s first orbit around the earth and Neil Armstrong walked on the moon for the first time.
7. We didn’t have pre-school and kindergarten, we started school in the first grade. The only school supplies we needed was a big chief tablet, some pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue.
8. We rolled up our hair using orange juice cans!
9. We could walk to school and nobody would bother us and go trick-or-treating without fear of being poisoned.
10. People got married first, and then lived together.
Yes, there are many ways to tell we are getting older, but you know, some of those ways were not half bad!